Friday, July 16, 2010

Horses for sale! Help me narrow my list!?

I have been looking for a horse to buy. I am an ';intermediate'; rider. I want to pursue a career in the Hunter jumper ring. I have only jumped cross rails, but I will be working with an instructor and I would like to progress to 3' with the horse I am buying now. Here are some I am looking at. I want to narrow it down to 8-10 that I will go try out. I already have 5 I am going to try for sure (that aren't listed), so I need to eliminate 4 or 5 from this list. So, here they are. And don't pick one just because its ';pretty';.


1. http://www.equine.com/horses-for-sale/ho鈥?/a>





2. http://www.equine.com/horses-for-sale/ho鈥?/a>





3. http://www.equine.com/horses-for-sale/ho鈥?/a>





4. http://www.equinenow.com/horse-ad-206509





5. http://www.equinenow.com/horse-ad-208201





6. http://www.equinenow.com/horse-ad-169045





7. http://www.equinenow.com/horse-ad-49459





8. http://www.equinenow.com/horse-ad-162045





9. http://www.equinenow.com/horse-ad-192046





10. http://horsetopia.horse-for-sale.org/cla鈥?/a>





Thanks!!Horses for sale! Help me narrow my list!?
One ,two and 7, The rest seem too small to consider and some really seem reluctant to jump even though they are taking the jump.





7 I particularly like though it may be different in person. The owner tells you she has to sell the mare and the mare seems to be really solid from her comments and pictures . The Grey I would not touch for a jumper . He has a blue albino eye which in my experience which is considerable out side the Jump ring but very limited in the jump ring would be partially


blind in that eye or at least affected





Take a Trainer and Teacher along with a vet to check the horses out BEfore purchasint!Horses for sale! Help me narrow my list!?
number 10 definitely knows the most, and could be good for your plans. i really like his jumping form, and i also like his happy demeanor and how he is responding to the cues. 4k is certainly reasonable for her.


that oldenburg was nice, but i am partial to them, and always have been.
wow, I was going to go see 2, 7, and 10.


they ended up being too far away though (except 10, which i waas still thinking of going to see).





I think 2, 7, 9, and 10 are great ponies
I LIKE NUMBERS 4 6 AND 10
i noticed all of these horses are in diffrent state try and find one in yours
1. No, He is green for showing, you want something a bit more been there done that is you have only done cross rails so far. Do you have any show experience?





2. No once again not shown.





3. No not shown.





4. Yes,





5. Yes,





6. I do not like her jump. It looks very flat, it could just be that on jump. Ask for more pictures. If they all look like that no.





7. No he is an Eventer/WP horse not a H/J horse





8. No very green when it comes to showing.





9. No, you want to learn how to jump higher, you want a slower horse that will not get strong. It is no fun trying to jumper higher and improve your jumping while your trying to keep your horse steady.





10. Yes





The main reason I said no to the green horses is because you say you have only done cross-rails so I took it you have not show or not shown a lot. Horses can act very different at show especially when they are green. Green horse + green rider (when it comes to showing)= a lot a nerves and a lot of time falls and accidents in the ring.
I would take a reliable and well know Trainer who is experience in the Hunter area. It would be very hard to tell by the photos of all these horses.


You will want a Horse that is really going to do the job you want. I would also advice to bring a Veterinarian along also, when you pick the final Horse.


I wish you the best.


The quarter Horse Mare- Bar girl I would not pick.


I would go with a Thoroughbred sex gelding. Mares get to Mari-sh


About 16 hands or higher to do the 3 feet jumps- That is high


About 4 years on up, more experience the Horse. The better.


Good bone, and a nice wide muscular chest.


Good hoofs. Look for any bruising or navacular disease's or any thrush.


and laminitis. I use to work with Thoroughbred's, and they make the best jumpers!


Have fun with your new Horse, and with a lot of love and attention He/She will be a Champion!


Please keep us posted.
I really like #'s


1 - I think this one collects nicely in that one picture. His form over jumps isn't horrible, it's okay. But there's a challenge for you. I always like challenges?!


2 - Now I really like this one! He jumps 2'9';, and probably has room to go higher. You wanted 3 feet and that's what he can do. I know you said not to say ';pretty'; but he's GORGEOUS! (sorry) ... Form looks good!


4 - This one sounds good as well. Form looks good,and can carry somebody really tall!


9 - I really like this one. The fact that he is a rescue horse, also makes my heart skip a beat. He sounds very good, and he jumps (obviously, that's what you want!)


10 - He can jump 4 1/2 feet. Holy poop! There's a horse for you! You could even jump higher then 3' if you wanted to. This horse has really nice conformation and everything!





Some others that look that they might do okay:


5


6





I think #2 and #10 would suit you well. Hope this helped!
My favourite is number ten he is cute and has experience but could also teach you a lot. I wouldn't pick numbers 1,5,6,7 or 8 they are a bad height if you wanted to move on to do some showing. They aren't ponies so they cant show pony and unless they have a big stride they might struggle in other classes. They would be fine for local schooling shows but when you get to any higher levels you would hae to move on to a different horse.

No comments:

Post a Comment