Sunday, August 22, 2010

Finding a horse for sale??

I'm having a real hard time finding a horse... I know your not supposed to do this but I need help. I have searched a bunch of sites with obviously no luck.





It has to be in Wisconsin


Under $1,000 (for sale)


Hunter/Jumper


For intermediate rider


Breed and color don't matter


I would prefer if it wasn't an Arab or OTTB


Willing to adopt too...





If your able thanks if you can't thanks for reading.Finding a horse for sale??
Heres a few! Some may not be hunter/jumpers but they looks like the could EASILY be trained for it:





http://equine.com/horses-for-sale/horse-鈥?/a>





http://equine.com/horses-for-sale/horse-鈥?/a>





http://equine.com/horses-for-sale/horse-鈥?/a>





Also try these websites for horses in your area:


www.dreamhorse.com


www.equinehits.com


www.equinenow.com


www.agdirect.com


www.horseville.com


www.horsetopia.com





Good luck on your search! =]Finding a horse for sale??
I used to own 2 horses (arabs--I loved them but I know they're not for everyone). You sound as if you know a few things already, but here's my opinion and experience, for what it's worth.





There are a lot of ';horse traders'; out there (if you know what I mean), so be careful not to let yourself get fleeced. My best advice is contact an equine vet and have any horse you're seriously considering completely checked over before you commit. The vet will be able to identify any serious health concerns that the seller may ';forget'; to tell you about.





Unfortunately, you're not talking about a lot of money, and that in itself will run you into problems. Most horses that are that cheap are likely to have serious (and later expensive) health problems that can sometimes make them completely unrideable. You may think you're saving yourself money now, but believe me, you'll be sorry you did later when you run into expensive vet bills and a horse you can't ride.





I know that owning a horse is expensive, but you might want to consider either spending more money (to me, I'd say at least twice as much as you've listed) or leasing a horse instead of outright buying it. That way, you can get out from under fairly easily later on, and the owner will still retain some responsibility for the animal if things go wrong.
Hey





I always look at equinehits.com because you can do a search by breed and by state by disipline and so much more :) Well i hope i helped. Also you can do get directions so you know how to get there! Can you tell me if you get a horse from there? I would like to see which one you get or got :) Thanks hope i helped!
I honestly do not think that you are going to find a Hunter Jumper for that ammount of money. The reason I say this is because it will probably be an Arab or OTTB if you do. My friend is having the same problem as well.
Have you tried horse deals? It has a webby and a mag. In the mag go to the back and there they have horses for a thousand or less. I don't know whether its just for Australia or not though.
If you'd like I would be able to find you a great horse on Petfinder in your area and for your price If you want just let me know thank!
I don't know what you've tried but I've used


equine.com


equinehits.com


horseville.com


horsetopia.com


dreamhorse.com
search the internet some more..............
for all the people on here who said that you cant find a good horse for this much money, i'm proof that its completely possible. my first horse, an awesome but greenbroke QH who now wins EVERYTHING, was 1,250, and thats just a teeny bit more than 1000. my 6yo mare was also 1,250. now she is an OTTB but she was pretty well-trained in HUS. (i trained my first horse start to finish, so i kinda wanted something that i didnt have to deal with the very beginnings of teaching the canter) so just keep looking, and dont disregard a horse because of the picture, there are a lot of diamonds out there, you just need to shine them up! and another piece of advice is not to look for a completely broke horse, go a little green, because it IS hard to find a wellbroke sound H/J. so best of luck to you on your horse search! =)


Oh, and also, look in your local equine rescues. my new arab is a rescue, and i volunteer out where i got him, and let me tell you, there are some AWESOME horses at the rescues, they only need to be given an opportunity! and not all of them were abused, some were donated because of financial problems. trust me and just take a look! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment