Thursday, August 19, 2010

Letting someone try my horse for sale?

ok im going to explain better my horse is for sale a lady wants to try her out on the trail with her husbands horse to see if it gets alog she says it just started not liking geldings mine is mare.I want to have her sign a paper that im waving all responcibility I need to no how to word it.Letting someone try my horse for sale?
you would start with your name then hers and you would state i am allowing you to take my horse for a trial ride,on the understanding that if anything happens to you while out riding i wont be held responsible,Letting someone try my horse for sale?
yeah something like ice queen said; just make sure you have a witness sign it too..that would look better if you ever had to go to court over it....someone you know of course. Ask if there's anyway she could bring her horse to you and see how they got along. It's still alot of liability. What if your horse was injured on the trail and the woman was like '; well she had to be injured before the ride; it must have been some underlying problem.'; see what I'm saying. i would let and her husband ride around where i could see them on some of my property or a meeting place that was agreed between the too of you. It's your horse and should be your gain not your loss in the end.
As for the wording I am not really sure but wanted to suggest that the lady bring her horse to your house and just let them ride in the pasture. And that is bad enough. I had an experience when I was 16. I had a really hyper mare she was about 10 at the time. Unfortunately when we purchased her when I was 14 unbeknownest to me she had been partially trained for rodeo. Needless to say I was not an experienced rider so she needed a strong hand to ride. We got along great otherwise, she was gentle as a kitten until I tried to ride her then she went into this rearing up bucking routine. I had her for several years then I had to put her up for sale. A man came to the house one day when my parents were not there and wanted to try out the horse. Said he was experienced, etc. Well, I said ok but only in the pasture. So we got the horse saddled up. He gets on rides her a little then she started her stuff, bucking, rearing up, etc. Well at one point she reared straight up in the air and Mr. So called experienced, instead of leaning into her, he leaned back and the horse fell back on top of him. Had to call the ambulance, he had a broken sternum, fractured pelvis, broken ribs and fractured collar bone. Then later he tried to sue me. But when they found out my age they threw the case out. I just wanted to make a point that you are correct in your apprehension. Maybe if you look on line, and type in ';Sample Waivers';? Here is a link to a waiver for participation in playing soccer that I found http://www.usindoor.com/waiver.html


maybe if you changed some of the wording, it looks pretty good otherwise. Good Luck
  • blue makeup
  • blue mask
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment