Thursday, August 19, 2010

If you listed a horse for sale would you...?

If you listed a horse for sale would you consider leasing it to someone? Or maybe doing a kind of 'rent to own' type deal. Just curious =) Thanks in advance.If you listed a horse for sale would you...?
yes i think its a good idea to lease a horse before you actually buy them. When i was looking at m horse... the owners let him come down for a little over a week so that i could really decide if he was for me or not.. and he was :]]If you listed a horse for sale would you...?
it depends on what works for you. leasing out a horse limits the number of people interested because they'd have to live near your barn. also, in most leases, the owner is still responsible for vet and farrier fees. and when the rider is done with your horse, you have to start all over with looking for someone. i have a horse for sale right now and several people asked if they could lease but i turned them down.
well, it would depend on the horse and the situation.


personally i would have the person interested in buying the horse come out and ride it a couple of times and see how they are with eachother.


than if they are a good match i would either sugest buying or leasing the horse.





i currently am leasing a horse.


leasing is a whole lot easier than buying and is generally cheeper.


i recomend leasing a horse before buying a horse.





horses are a lot of work.
well lots of people do a free lease thing.





its ware the leaser just pays like a down payment for buying the horse then the horse is theirs without paying any thing else but they hae to take care of it like its theirs and when they dont want it any more they return the horse and get their money back. but if the horse dies they have to pay the whole payment as if they were buying it.
If you're considering leasing, throw it in at the end of the ad. Something like ';Ask me about our ';lease-to-own options!'; It makes the ad definitely look like a ';for sale'; kind of thing, but still leaves the leasing option on the table.
Yeh, here in Australia and I am sure other countries before we consider buying a horse we try the horse out for 2 weeks.Because if the owner were to drug the horse then you would soon find out.....and then we would obviously try it out to see if it was suitable..
When I sold my horse, I gave the buyer 2 weeks to ';try him out'; with a non-refundable $500 deposit. And she was responsible for all vet bills while he was with her. But I paid for the vet check before he went to her place. It worked out fine, I did draft a contract.





Good luck!



I listed my mare as buy but preferr to free lease as I was going overseas and wanted to ensure she stayed in work and didn't really want to sell her.





Also mean that when i returned, after the contract period, i could take her back.
Yeah I think its a good idea. That gives the people on the other end a chance to get to know your horse and see if they are compatible or not. Just let them know that you have the intention to sell him/her in the end.
I would rather sell been in leasing a horse it dose not take long for somebody to undo hard work also if you do lease make sure that they insure the horse and check the property where they are going to keep it and get references
Yeah, i would consider it. It would be easier as well because at the moment people are having a hard time selling their horses and i think people would be more willing to lease a horse first instead of buying one.
ya


it is good to lease your horse


but i think its better to lease to someone at your barn if you are going to because then you still get to be with your horse


but anyways


it is still good to consider
I'd allow them to lease for a month if they're considering to buy, but I wouldn't lease it for full lease for how ever long they want, because if I had one for sale I'd want it sold.
I'd consider. I leased my first horse before I bought him. It's nice to have the chance to try a horse out over a period of time, then you know if you actually want him.

No comments:

Post a Comment